“Politehnica” University of Timişoara through the ID / IFR and e-Learning Center (CeL) organizes and conducts study programs in distance learning and online distance learning for
- Informatics, in collaboration with the Faculty of Automation and Computers (graduates in computer science - 3 years of study, ID)
- Telecommunication Systems and Technologies, in collaboration with the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technologies (engineers - 4 years of study, ID)
- Machine Construction Technologies, in collaboration with the Faculty of Mechanics (engineers - 4 years of study, IFR)
- Communication and Public Relations, in collaboration with the Faculty of Communication Sciences (Bachelor of Communication Sciences - 3 years of study, ID)
It is also involved in the delivery of:
- International Master in Multimedia (International online Master in English - 2 years of study) www.immaster.net
Admission takes place in the July and September sessions.
CeL has developed the UPT Virtual Campus, an online educational support environment for all UPT faculties and distance learning. CVUPT was re-launched in 2009 and is under the management of CeL.
Research - cooperation
Since its inception, CeL has been involved in 7 international projects funded by the European Union and other research projects. The results are found in the didactic and academic activity, in the introduction of the e-learning system.
CeL was the first to introduce in Romania a virtual educational environment (VLE), by developing and integrating online learning and mobile learning modules for students in academic specializations. Developed since 2000 by our specialists, the CeL platform has been constantly modified and improved.
This educational environment is now the UPT Virtual Campus - CVUPT - a system based on Moodle that includes:
- Academic Management (LMS Learning Management System): interface for managing students, teachers, exams, results, course information
- Academic learning support (CMS Course management system): online courses, online or electronic laboratory materials, podcasting
- Communication and web 2.0 tools: forum, blog, wiki, messaging, SMS, etc.
Since 2008, CeL has been involved in a number of EU-funded structural fund projects through the European Social Fund.